Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Hey all!
I'm attempting to join the link party at My Desert Cottage, but who knows if I will figure it out in time... But either way, I've made some nice changes to my craft room lately and thought I'd share!

Here is my craft room door from the living room. This is my first try at making my own chalkboard paint and I was really happy with it!
Here is a before and after from inside the room.



Here is my desk that I do most crafting on. I love using vintage books as decor, they make any area look nice! My mom sent me the little crab picture holder in the top right. I decided to start putting my fortunes from fortune cookies in it instead! I have started collecting small pots and cups to make more little planters to put in my window. On the bottom right you will see my rolling craft cabinet and the drawers I keep my items for sale in. On the desk you can sneak a peek at what I'm working on for the "Christmas in July" link party! Then I have my rock tumbler/shipping station. I keep my scale on top of my printer, and it sits on a small dresser that I keep shipping supplies in. My kitty, Link, got all jealous that I was taking so many pictures of things that aren't him!

This is the cabinet I keep most of my sewing supplies in. I have a chalkboard calendar on the front of one door, then storage containers filled with fabric, scraps, and yarn. I also keep some of my vintage buttons there, next to a jar of tiny scrap fabrics. There are 3 large drawers on this cabinet that are filled with old blankets I plan to upcycle into batting and all of my sheets that I am going to crochet into rugs. All my supplies totally stuffed the drawers, so I didn't want to attempt opening them to take a picture. I'm planning on going through all my sheets and quilting batting, then filling the space with T-shirts I have collected to make rugs and bags out of! I currently have several huge plastic bins stacked in the bedroom with my T-shirts and jeans to upcycle!



I use this cube shelf to store photo props in a decorative way! I like having items grouped together that go well so I can grab everything in the cube to photograph an item quickly. I have some vintage stuff in the bottom right, and some ready to use colored sea glass on the bottom left. The middle left has a cute tea cup with an elephant bamboo dish and some lavender. On the middle right I have a wedding vase given to us as a wedding gift, a nice agate bead strand, and some vintage rune tiles. On the top right, I have a mini teapot with some coasters I made from old tiles. Next to that in the top left, I have a retro lunchbox and some decorate pipes.


Here is just a bit of my walls and ceiling. I used 4 lines of white icicle lights and made my room a magical place! My husband thinks it looks like a spider web in space, or something like that... I loosely framed several art pieces with lights. The ceiling is awesome, it really makes the lighting nice and looks really pretty!

This is just a kids book I found in my craft paper stash while cleaning. It made me LOL pretty hard... Yeah, I'm a dork.
 Well, that is my craft room for the time being! I am still working on a lot of projects, but it is pretty awesome for now. I will be posting more as I update the room over time. Thank you for reading my post, be sure to check out the other fun craft rooms  hosted by My Desert Cottage!


2 comments:

  1. Love your space and the little twinkly lights made me smile. Your blog is new to me and I would love it if I could follow you via GFC, but you don't have that gadget on your blog. Also, you are a no-reply blogger, which means I can't reply to your comments via email. You will get a lot more interaction with other bloggers if you fix that in your settings. Thanks for visiting my blog and saying such nice things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, I will have to look into those things! I'm still new to this, so I don't know what a lot of the gadgets available are yet, but I'm trying to figure it out as I go. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!!!

      Delete