Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Homemade Tortilla Chips

Well, hello again! The hubby will be at work super late tonight (past 3 AM), so I figured it would be a good time to spend some time on here. It's been a pretty busy couple of weeks between my 2 year anniversary, Mother's Day, chicken fiascoes, and other random craziness, so I haven't spent a lot of time preparing anything for the ol' blog, but I've got an old favorite of mine to share with you!

I'm a big fan of figuring out a healthier and cheaper alternative for cooking, and I've been finding more and more lately that there is an easier and healthier alternative for almost anything. This one I just sorta stumbled upon when I forgot to get some chips for a salsa I was making and tried making my own, in about 10 minutes. And they were seriously good!!!


So, ready for a really fast recipe?

1. Preheat your oven to 325.
2. Cut about 6 corn tortillas into 6 pieces each.
3. Spray your baking pan with olive oil. If you can't get it in a spray at the store, put some in a spray bottle with a little distilled water and make your own!
4. Arrange your chips on the baking sheet so the are not overlapping.
5. Spray with a little olive oil.
6. Sprinkle with sea salt. I like to make a mix of sea salt, cayanne pepper, and cumin to sprinkle on my chips. I've also tried it with cinnimon and sugar, which is pretty good!
7. Then bake for about 10 minutes, or until a light brown.
 8. Enjoy with your favorite salsa or dip!



I hope you guys have as much fun with this as I do! I love making my own chips for everything now, they are so much better than store bought!

Take care!

2 comments: